Saturday, July 18, 2009

SPROUTING LIKE BEAN STALKS...

Oh, my boys are sprouting like bean stalks!! Nickolas is getting super independent, and I'm starting to see the wheels in his head turning. He is remembering things now. His favorite show, "Yo Gabba Gabba" has a section where they do a "dancey dance". It teaches a dance, and then they all do it together. There are about 4 of these dances that he knows by heart, and performs on a daily basis. He can count to 10 mostly by himself now. (He skips four every now and then.) He is going to be my kid that has a bunch of hobbies and interests. He is interested in SO many things. He loves to watch the ducks, that sit right outside of our home, on the lake. He loves to help me in the kitchen. He will sit on the counter, and I'll hand him the measured ingredients to pour into our bowl. He loves to sing songs- itsy bitsy spider, patty cake, and of course, his 'Yo Gabba Gabba' songs. He knows a lot of the lines in these songs. It's so amazing to me, that he's already remembering multiple things. He loves to ride his bikes, and play with matchbox cars. He knows all the exterior parts of his body, and loves to point them out! I think he is also learning the art of manipulation. (darn it!) He is getting so big. I miss my little baby sometimes.

Jack is not so little anymore either! He is sitting up, almost all by himself. He can pull himself up into an almost sitting position. He has found his feet as of the other day, and tries to pull them into his mouth (along with everything else). He is also starting to scoot. He will scoot up and down the length of the bed, and of his crib. He can roll over, and is starting to grab at anything he can see, including my face. He likes to put his mouth on my cheeks. I call them my baby kisses. He is very much a needy baby, but loves to look around, and be in the action. The other day, Lucky (the dog) jumped on top of Nick, and Jack just cracked up laughing. I thought it was hilarious. It gave me a little peek into his 'growing up' side. He loves to go on walks. When we walk our dog in the evening, he will just sit in the stroller, and take in the evening air. :)

I wish life weren't going by so fast! I just love every minute with these special spirits I get to keep and take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment