Thursday, June 25, 2009

NICK IS 2!!

Nick had his 2nd Birthday on June 6th. I can't believe how time flies. He's already such a big boy, talking so much, and SO super independent. He loves hugs and kisses, motorcycles, his "bay-buddah", swimming, 'Yo Gabba Gabba', and 'Elmo'. He loves to help me "make"(dinner) in the kitchen, and feed his dog. He is such a good boy. Anyway, for his birthday we invited Cameron's friends and family over for lunch, presents, and cake. Unfortunately not everyone could attend, so it was a smaller party than we had anticipated. Camerons mom, brother, and sister came over and played for a while, and ate with us and opened presents. Although it wasn't the most exciting party ever, Nick had so much fun opening gifts and avoided the camera as much as possible. I hope next year I will be home, so he can have all of my family there. It was so sad not to have everyone around... I know Nick missed everyone. He is constantly asking about Grandmas and Grandpas... all of them, and various family members!! We are so grateful for family.

Jack-Jack, who is apparently hungry at the moment...
I tried to get Nick to smile in a picture with me ALL DAY, and he wasn't having any of it... He was way more interested in his cake, and new presents.

This is the cake I made for my Nickolas. He picked the confetti cake, and cream cheese frosting. YUM. I made a double layer with filling in the middle, and decorated this myself. I thought it turned out great! If you look at the bottom of the pic, you might see a smear mark. This is where Nick got a sneak peak of his cake... lol. He swiped frosting. (He's my kid for sure!)

This is about the only smiling picture I got. He is riding his new motorcycle, he still wont quit riding it!
This is him opening presents. He was most excited about the Yo Gabba Gabba DVD, he still watches it NON STOP. He loved all of his Elmo cards. He couldn't get enough. :)
Although we didnt' have my family or friends here, we had a great day. I just kept thinking how much he's grown and how much I love him.








4 comments:

  1. next year will be the party of the century!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I found you! Happy Birthday Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, i can't believe your little boy is two! i still can't believe you have a kid, it still seems like we are to young! haha so how is life?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our boys are about the same age! Aiden turned 2 on April 27th! We might be coming out to Florida to visit Ryan's brother and sister...maybe we can get together!!

    ReplyDelete